Financial Aid applications for the 2020-21 school year may be submitted beginning February 1, 2020 and must be submitted by September 1, 2020.
Financial Aid can help to make a quality Montessori education at CMSAA affordable for qualifying families. FACTS Management assists CMSAA with the application process for families, so that we can make accurate award decisions based on financial need.
After completing the online application, you will need to upload or fax all required supporting documentation. Uploaded documents must be in PDF format and the size of each document must be less than 20 MB. If you are unable to upload, fax the required documents to 866.315.9264. Please DO NOT use your mobile device to photo copy required documents due to problems with legibility.
The following supporting documents are required to complete the application process:
- Copy of the most recent IRS Federal Form 1040, 1040A or 1040-EZ U.S. Individual Income Tax Return. If applicant and co-applicant file separately, we require both tax returns for the same tax year. We do not require State Tax Returns.
- Copies of all the current year W-2 Wage and Tax Statements for both the applicant and co-applicant. NOTE: If you are applying before you have received all the current year W-2 Wage and Tax Statements, please submit them as soon as they become available.
- Copies of all supporting tax documents if you have business income/loss from any of the following:
- Business – send Schedule C or C-EZ and Form 4562 Depreciation and Amortization
- Farm – send Schedule F and Form 4562 Depreciation and Amortization
- Rental Property – send Schedule E (page 1)
- S-Corporation – send Schedule E (page 2), Form 1120S (5 pages), Schedule K-1 and Form 8825
- Partnership – send Schedule E (page 2), Form 1065 (5 pages), Schedule K-1 and Form 8825
- Estates and Trusts – send Schedule E (page 2), Form 1041 and Schedule K-1
*IMPORTANT: If you file a tax return but do not have W-2 wages because you are self-employed, you will be required to submit a copy of your current year Federal Form 1040 Tax Return.
- Copies of all supporting documentation for household Non-Taxable Income such as:
Social Security Income, Welfare, Child Support, Food Stamps, Workers’ Compensation, and Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF). If you do not file a tax return, you are required to provide documentation of all income received.
*All documentation received is imaged upon receipt and then destroyed.
You may login to your FACTS user account to review the status of your application. Please allow 2 weeks processing time from the date you provided the supporting documents before inquiring further about receipt and/or status of the uploaded or faxed documents.
*A non-refundable application fee may be required before your application will be submitted.
NOTE: Award decisions are made by CMSAA, not FACTS.
For more information, view the FACTS Flyer for Aid Assessment.