Choosing a school for your child is one of the most important decisions you will make for her. We are pleased you are taking time to look at our school in this process. We want you to have the information you need to make the choice that is best for your family. We have included on this site the information that might be most helpful in determining if CMSAA could be a good choice for your child. We know that a visit to our school is the best way to experience who we are and what we can offer your child.
If you are interested in CMSAA and would like to learn more, we encourage you to schedule a visit to our school. You will have the opportunity to see our classrooms in action. Tours typically run for about one hour and give you the chance to feel the CMSAA difference.
Applying to CMSAA
Our enrollment process is designed to help prospective families and CMSAA determine if the fit between CMSAA and your family is well-suited. Below is a general overview of the steps involved in applying for admission.
- Prospective family tours the school and meets with the Head of School or a faculty member.
- Application is submitted with a non-refundable $55 application fee.
- Prospective student is invited to meet with the classroom teacher for a brief interview.
- Interviews at the younger levels provide an opportunity for the teacher to have time with the child and gauge the child’s ability to separate from parents and settle into a new environment. Doing so allows us to create an individualized entry into school.
- At the Elementary level, interviews tend to be more formal and offer the prospective student and teacher a chance to get to know one another as well as provide the teacher the opportunity to assess in a general way where a student is academically. A teacher may ask to see a student’s former academic records at this point in the process. Prospective Elementary students who have met with a teacher may be asked to visit the classroom for a morning or full day to observe how the child interacts with the community of students.
- Once the interview process is complete there is one of three possible enrollment decisions: immediate acceptance, wait list, or denial.
- If immediately accepted or placed on our wait list, parents complete and return the enrollment paperwork and registration fee.