Choosing a school for your child is one of the most important decisions you will make for her. We are pleased you are taking time to look at our school in this process. We want you to have the information you need to make the choice that is best for your family. We have included on this site the information that might be most helpful in determining if CMSAA could be a good choice for your child. We know that a visit to our school is the best way to experience who we are and what we can offer your child.
If you are interested in CMSAA and would like to learn more, we encourage you to schedule a visit to our school. You will have the opportunity to see our classrooms in action. Tours typically run for about one hour and give you the chance to feel the CMSAA difference.
Applying to CMSAA
Our enrollment process is designed to help prospective families and CMSAA determine if the fit between CMSAA and your family is well-suited. Below is a general overview of the steps involved in applying for admission.
- Prospective family tours the school and meets with the Head of School or a faculty member.
- Application is submitted with a non-refundable $55 application fee.
- Prospective student is invited to meet with the classroom teacher for a brief interview.
- At the Children’s House level an informal interview/discussion is made for both the parent and child after a tour with a CH teacher to determine fit and address any concerns/questions.
- At the Elementary level after a tour the student is invited to visit the classroom for two half days or one full day to assess fit. Any academic records should be shared with the teacher and Head of School at this point, including IEP’s or 504’s
- Nido and YCC parents will schedule a tour and ask any questions. Occasionally a meeting between the teacher and parent may happen to determine fit before an offer of enrollment is made. If admitted then an intake meeting will happen before the child’s first day.
- Once the interview process is complete there is one of three possible enrollment decisions: immediate acceptance, wait list, or denial.
- If immediately accepted or placed in our wait pool, parents complete and return the enrollment paperwork and registration fee.